Door Construction Details
Steel facing and stile are one piece and interlocked with six 90 degree bends to form a unique square-edge design for added strength and structural rigidity. Vinyl extrusion provides an insulated thermal break. Baked-on primer for a more durable finish.
Lock-ring reinforcement to prevent lockblock telegraphing.
Steel hinge reinforcements installed to prevent hinge sag.
Door Bottom & Seal
Composite bottom rail for rot resistance.
Double-kerfed bottom rail sweep can be used on all steel and fiberglass doors.
Steel Security 16-Gauge “L” Frame
- Anchored with strategically placed 2 1/2″ security screws through the edge of the existing frame.
- The face of the “L” frame is nailed through the plaster or drywall into the studding and then covered with interior casing.
- The strength of this design provides much greater security than an ordinary wood door jam.
- The 1″ throw at the bottom of the “L” frame has a thermal barrier. The threshold is adjustable with a screwdriver to form a very tight seal with the bottom of the door’s weatherstrip.
- Door spring hinge is a unique way to offer an automatic closure. The spring hinge is factory installed for a minimal extra charge.
Protector Window & Door Inc. is state licensed, fully insured and bonded. Contact us today for a free in-home estimate.